Cuba is located in the northern Caribbean and Havana is its capital as well as the largest city. With 11 million inhabitants, Cuba is the second most populated region after Hispaniola. The earliest human settlement dates back from the 4th millennium BC while the Spanish colonization took place in the 15th century. There are plenty of facts to uncover about Cuba especially for those who wish to travel there sooner. Learn some amazing facts here so that you know what to expect and what not to on reaching there.
Make smarter and safer travel decisions by booking your flight tickets with United Airlines Flights booking services. Work with some of the best travel experts and get expert travel tips.
Here are some interesting facts about Cuba:
- Cuba during the 15th century, it was under Spain during the Spanish-American War 1898.
- During the Cuban Missile crisis of 1962, a nuclear war nearly broke out owing to the contention between the Soviet Union and the United States.
- Cuba is amongst the few countries where Marxist Leninist Socialist states vanguard Communist party in the Constitution.
- Cuba is culturally a Latin American, a multiethnic country greatly drawing its influence from the aboriginal Taino and Ciboney people.
- Around 51% of the Cuban population is Mulatto, 37% white, 11% black, 1% Chinese, etc.
- Cuban is one of the key members of global organizations like the G77, the United Nations, the Non-Aligned Movement, ALBA and Organization of American States, and many more.
- Cuba ranks in the eight positions when it comes to high human development, national performance, and education.
- Some of the most popular tourist attraction in Cuba includes Malecon, Vinales Valley, National Capitol Building, Revolution Museum, Cayo Largo del Sur, Paseo del Prado, Plaza de la Cathedral and many more.
If you think you need to get away soon, start making your reservations with United Flights Reservations. Hurry!!