Liberia is the largest capital city of Costa Rica and is a major tourist destination. Liberia is often called la Ciudad Blanca owing to the white gravel that was once used to make the city roads and also the whitewashed buildings that make up the city. Uncover more interesting facts about this beautiful city especially if you have been planning for a trip here sooner. There are plenty of facts which may help you to get acquainted with the local culture and help you to get around easily.
Fly with United Airlines Flights, if you want to experiences the best flight services while you are high up in the sky.
Here are some interesting facts about Liberia:
- Liberia was founded as a hermitage in September 1769 without any legal or formal act. The hermitage served as a resting place for travelers and was dominated by large Guanacaste trees and livestock.
- Liberia is home to 50,000 inhabitants, It is the regional hub and a trading center of northwest Costa Rica. This region features several churches, plazas, and beautiful attractions.
- Museo de Guanacaste is located at the heart of Liberia, it symbolized the civility of the Costa Rican society and also the embodiment of military rule.
- Liberia is home to a popular attraction to the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park in the northeast of Liberia. It is a volcanic hot spring with many bubbling clay spots, rivers, geysers, striking waterfalls, and amazing hiking trails.
- Some of the most popular tourist attractions include SAPO National Museum, the National Museum of Liberia, Cape Palmas, Waterside Market, Mount Wuteve, Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve, Mount Richard Molad, etc.
Book early, book cheap, reserve some of the best seats in the sky when you choose to make your reservations with United Airlines Official Site. If travelers need to any United Airlines Changes they can call at United Airlines Phone Number and connect with the customer care executives.