If you are passionate about traveling you can make your reservations today with United Airlines Reservations for the best holiday offers. Work with some of the best travel experts and book the cheapest flight possible for you and your loved ones.
Here are some interesting facts about Oakland you should know:
- Oakland is one of the largest cities in Alameda County in California, United States. It is the largest in the East Bay region and the 8th most populated in California and the 45th in all of the United States.
- Port of Oakland is considered one of the busiest ports in North California and the 5th busiest in all of the United States.
- The city was incorporated on March 25 1854 although the incorporation was passed on May 4, 1852.
- Oakland was initially a mosaic of California coastal terrace prairie, north coastal scrub, and oak woodland. It was a rich source for hillside oak and redwood timber that was used to build San Francisco.
- Oakland was selected as the Western terminal of the-Transcontinental Railroad in the late 1860s.
- During the late 20th century Oakland saw a booming growth in the economy mainly in the shipyard industry and automobile manufacturing industry.
- The Huchiun natives were the earliest known inhabitants around this region who lived for more than 1000 years. They were a linguistic grouping who later called themselves-Ohlone.
- Oakland experiences a warm-summer Mediterranean type of climate where summers are dry, warm while winters are mild and wet.
- More than 2.5 million tourists visit Oakland and have recently gained recognition as a popular travel destination.
- Oakland ranked at number one in 2013 as Americas Most Exciting Cities owing to its strong network of movie theatres, museums, and tourist attractions.
For more blogs and complete United Airlines flight booking assistance visit United Airlines Official Site today.